OIG Founding Partner Amy Oppenheimer joins this Association of Workplace Investigators panel in a 90 minute webinar. The presentation will be on November 14, 2023 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm (Pacific) and available in the AWI Learning Center thereafter.
A variety of fascinating legal issues arose in California during 2023 that promise to reverberate across the workplace investigation industry in coming years. The speakers will discuss the following developments:
- Enforcement efforts under California’s Private Investigator Act, which impact licensed attorneys and licensed private investigators
- Challenges during litigation discovery to attorney-client relationships; attorney-client privilege; and work product doctrine
- Recent challenges to investigator independence
- Recent case law suggesting third-party employer agents can share in liability for underlying employment disputes.
Through attending this session, participants will understand the following topics and be able to apply this knowledge to their investigative practice:
- Identify and explain recent legal developments;
- Understand the potential impacts and risks for external investigation practices; and
- Implement practical tips to preserve investigator independence, maintain appropriate privilege and work product doctrines, and more.
To learn more or to register, please visit the AWI event page.