OIG’s Vida Thomas will join a panel of trainers for this CALPELRA Learn online training September 13-14, 2023. This program of the California Public Employers Labor Relations Association is designed for a broad audience, including administrators, managers, supervisors, human resources and labor relations staff, and attorneys. The program will touch on special POBRA and FPBRA issues but will not focus on police and fire investigations.
About the Program
Investigations are an essential but often misunderstood part of supervising and managing employees. This program will give you the tools you need to plan, conduct, and oversee investigations in public agencies.
In this two-day, online program you’ll learn:
- Why conduct investigations?
- When is an investigation required or advisable?
- Who should conduct the investigation?
- How to …
- collect background information
- identify appropriate witnesses
- plan interview questions
- address potential biases
- choose effective interview locations
- deal with reluctant witnesses
- ask effective questions
- assess conflicting evidence
- How should you assess credibility and reach conclusions?
- When should you bring in an outside investigator?
- How should you document investigation findings?
- Who should you inform about the investigation findings?
This CALPELRALearn program not only includes lecture by dynamic and experienced trainers but also allows participants to develop their skills and cement their understanding by engaging in interactive exercises based on real world challenges.
Various professional continuing education credits are available and a Certificate of Attendance will be provided for attendance.
To register, please visit the CALPELRA event website.