Oppenheimer Investigations Group is pleased to be a Benefactor sponsor of the Berkeley Center on Comparative Equality and Anti-Discrimination Law continuing legal education (CLE) program “New Developments in Workplace Sexual Harassment.” In addition, OIG Managing Partner Amy Oppenheimer serves on the planning committee.
A provisional agenda for the program and a list of speakers can be found on the conference web page. The 1.5-day program will be held virtually on January 27-28 and offers 10 hours of MCLE credit, including ethics and elimination of bias.
Keynote speakers include:
- Gretchen Carlson and Julie Roginsky, former Fox News anchors, discussing how non-disclosure agreements hampered efforts to expose rampant sexual harassment and abuse at Fox.
- Berkeley School of Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky discussing the upcoming U.S. Supreme Court docket.
- Ifeoma Ozoma, the whistleblower Founder and Principal of Earthseed, and co-sponsor of the Silenced No More Act.
- Furaha-Joy Sekai Saungweme, a Tanzanian attorney activist and Director of the Africa End Sexual Harassment Initiative (AESHI), discussing the work AESHI is doing to craft good laws and policies to prevent and respond to harassment and violence in Southern African countries
Plenaries and workshop discussions to include:
- Recent developments in the law, as well as new ideas for legislation
- Diversity and inclusion promotion to prevent harassment, and changing corporate culture
- Sexual harassment in the legal profession and addressing harassment in the Ninth Circuit
- A look at the Cuomo sexual harassment investigation (Amy will moderate)
- Ethical issues in investigations
- Prevention and training
- The social science of workplace harassment
Who should attend
- Human resource professionals
- Others who work on the issue of sexual harassment in the workplace
Registration fees are inclusive of extensive CLE materials.
Standard registration: $300 (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount for friends of OIG)
Early bird registration (until January 1, 2022): $250
University of California graduate, public employee, or member or supporter of partner organizations: $250 for the full program
To register please use this link.
For any questions please contact Charlotte O’Keefe Stralka (email@example.com) and/or Talia Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We hope to see you on January 27-28.