Presented by the Labor & Employment Law Section and the Litigation Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco, OIG’s Madeline Buitelaar and Ilona Turner will join Joshua Berkowitz of the County of Santa Clara Office of Mediation and Ombuds Services for this engaging virtual program on January 19, 2023. The program offers 1 hour of MCLE.
In this exploration of conflict resolution, this CLE will cover perspectives from a mediator and organizational ombuds on how to diagnose and approach conflict, the different potential pathways to address conflict, the tools they use in their practices, and what happens next—in instances of success and impasse. This will help attorneys learn how to solve disputes before they escalate, saving clients and attorneys alike both time and resources. They will explore attorney-client privilege in mediations and investigations, with a discussion of the City of Petaluma v. Superior Court case.
- Diagnosing conflict in the workplace, schools, and public office
- Tools of conflict resolution for labor & employment attorneys, litigators, and in-house counsel
- Advising employees and organizations on the best approach for early resolution of disputes
- Counseling clients during HR disputes
- Next steps for success – and impasse – in alternative dispute resolution
For more info, please visit: Display event – Conflict Resolution in the Workplace (sfbar.org)