The California Public Employers Labor Relations Association (CALPELRA) brings back its popular program “Conducting Effective Investigations” multiple times in the 2024 calendar year. OIG partner Christina Ro-Connolly returns as the instructor for the online sessions occurring May 1-2, 2024.
Designed for a broad audience of administrators, managers, supervisors, human resources and labor relations staff, and attorneys, this program offers the tools needed to plan, conduct, and oversee workplace investigations in public agencies.
Investigations are an essential, but sometimes misunderstood part of supervising and managing employees. This two-day program will cover topics including:
- Why conduct investigations?
- When is an investigation required or advisable?
- Who should conduct the investigation?
- How to…
- Collect background information
- Identify appropriate witnesses
- Plan interview questions
- Address potential biases
- Choose effective interview locations
- Deal with reluctant witnesses
- Ask effective questions
- Assess conflicting evidence
- How should you assess credibility and reach conclusions?
- When should you bring in an outside investigator?
- How should you document investigation findings?
- Who should you inform about the investigation findings?
This CALPELRALearn programs not only include lectures by dynamic and experienced trainers, but also allow participants to develop their skills and cement their understanding by engaging in interactive exercises based on real world challenges.
This program will also be offered virtually September 11-12, 2024 with OIG Managing Partner Vida Thomas leading the instruction.
To learn more or register, please visit the CALPELRA event web page.